Virtual International Symposium #2
Corneal Infections: Diagnosis and Treatment.
(webinar in English)
Second in a series of nine, Monday 4 May through Monday 29 June, 2020), at 4PM Eastern, 3PM Central, 2PM Mountain and 1PM Pacific.
Session 2 Program:
- Quick Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
Dr. Paulo Dantas
At the end of the presentation the participants will be able to implement practical measures to prepare their workplace in the era of COVID-19
- Update on Troublesome Pathogens: COVID 19 and Acanthamoeba
Dr. Peter J. McDonnell
At the end of the presentation the participant will be able to understand the data examining the presence or absence of novel coronavirus in the tear film and logical steps based upon these data. The participant will also be familiar with the presentation and common management of acanthamoeba keratitis and a strategy for therapy in infections resistant to the typically employed medical therapies.
- Battling Bacterial Keratitis
Dr. Mahshad Darvish
Moderator & Speaker
Dr. Paulo E.C. Dantas (Brazil)
- President-Elect 2021-2023
- PAAO Editor-in-Chief, The Pan-American Journal of Ophthalmology
- Corneal and External Disease Specialist
Peter J. McDonnell M.D. (USA)
- William Holland Wilmer Professor and Director
- Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Dr. Mahshad Darvish (Canada)
- Assistant Professor at the Department of Ophthalmology at McGill University
- Cornea and Anterior Segment practice at the Jewish General Hospital in Montreal, Canada